Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mid September

Daddy wasn't as prepared for Hurricane Lee as he was for Irene. Lee actually washed away the road near us and made us lose power for about 12 hours. We didn't get any good pictures of the cars that were washed away in the trees, but here is a shot of the back yard early on in the storm.


On September 9, I went bowling for the first time. It was a lot of fun! I had special shoes and a special pink ball. We even ate dinner there. I had a hot dog.



On September 10, we went to the Burke Festival. They had moon bounces and a great play area. We also ran into Ms. Miranda, Mr. Jerry, and Drew. Ms. Miranda made me a purple poodle out of a balloon (even though she wasn't supposed to be making animals yet).



After a long nap, we went to two picnics! The church families and the church choir both had picnics at the same time. These pictures are from the choir picnic. There is always good food at the choir picnic :)



The weekend of September 17 and 18, we had cold weather. The high was in the low 70's. So, we decided it was the perfect weekend to go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. Next year, I think I need to dress up. I had a lot of fun at the festival, even though I was a bit overwhelmed at first. Once we found the slides and the playground and the free pony rides, I was good. The joust was pretty cool too!



On September 18, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma Lyn, and I went with Pop Pop to his Union picnic. Pop Pop retired on September 9, so this was his first event since then. (Pop Pop is going to spend a lot more time with me now!) The picnic was a lot of fun. I had my face painted and got a tattoo. We ate hot dogs and ice cream and popcorn. There were multiple moon bounces and it was right by the Claude Moore Colonial Farm. The animals scared me a little. It was funny how the geese followed us though.

No comments:

Post a Comment