Sunday, August 28, 2011

Freixenet & Montserrat

After saying bye to the Mickey Mouse Boat, we found our luggage and waited for the tour Grandma arranged. We had our own big green bus and Polish (?) tour guide!


Our first stop was the Freixenet Winery. They had very cool vehicles and large bottles. Did you know I am two and this was my 2nd champagne tour? Actually, this was a cava tour. The tour was neat. There was a video and a train ride and it ended with crackers!


After snack time and Cava shopping, we headed to Montserrat. Montserrat receives lots of visitors to see the black Virgin. There are everal stories about why she is black, the most authentic being that she was painted to avoid being stolen. We were able to go up and touch her and see a cathedral very closely.


After lunch, Daddy, Mommy, Ms. Jenner, and I hiked to the cross. By hiking, I mean I had a great ride in my stroller. Mommy thought the funniest moment was when Daddy was pushing me in my stroller up a very steep part of the mountain when I asked him to stop and give me some water. It is a good thing for that story, because otherwise Daddy would not get any credit for all the pushing he did. The pictures show Mommy and Ms. Jenner pushing me.



Right as we finised our tour and were going into our hotel in Barcelona, a big thunderstorm came through. (The winds were higher than for Hurricane Irene at home.) It knocked down a lot of trees. We hung out in the hotel while it stormed before going out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment