Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lyra - In the Hospital

Hello world! I am Lyra Jane Zeibel. Lyra is pronounced [lie-ruh] not [lih-ruh]. Mommy and Daddy first saw the name in the Golden Compass (and the trilogy the movie was based on). Mommy and Daddy liked the name. Jane is after Nana's mommy.

This is my first time blogging. Wow! (My big sister Celia says I am behind and that she blogged much quicker and more frequently. Really, she is a very good and helpful big sister.)

I came into the world at 7:59PM on August 30, 2012, after much worry (by Mommy's Doctor) and pushing (by Mommy). It was 5 days after Mommy's due date. At birth, I was 7lb 14oz and 21.75 inches long. (I might have been heavier, but I made a mess after coming out of Mommy all over the doctor.) I also have a mix of light brown and blonde hair and blue/gray eyes.

Daddy took the following pictures the evening of my birth. In one, you can see Mommy's view from the labor and delivery room. She got to watch the helicopters coming and going. Plus, you can see that Grandma Lyn joined Mommy and Daddy at the hospital to wait for me and to be the first family member other than Mommy and Daddy to hold me.

Here are some pictures Daddy took of me and Mommy in my first 24 hours of life.

I had lots of visitors in my first day of life. First, Grandma Lyn and Pop Pop brought my big sister, Celia, to come meet me. I appreciate Celia letting me have Mommy and Daddy to myself for a couple days in the hospital. Ms. Marian came to visit with me and hold me in the afternoon. Then, Grandma Lyn, Pop Pop, and Celia came back in the evening. They took Daddy out for dinner, too.

On September 1, after Mommy slept through the discharge video, Mommy's and my doctors gave the orders that we could go home. Mommy took a lot of time picking out my cute green take-home dress.

I did well on my first car ride and did not cry. In my little bit of waking time, I got to see my new home! Daddy even changed me for the first time in my new room.

1 comment:

  1. Precious precious. Can't wait to meet her. Congrats family :-)

    ReplyDelete